No more wildin out… EVER. Remember that night that I stayed out til 5:30 a.m.? Well I got a fucking red light violation. Lame. I wish that shit didn’t take so long to process. My car is registered in my mum’s name and she kindly called to inform me of my $100 ticket that she received in the post yesterday. I guess that’s what happens when you’re rushing home cuz you have be at work in a couple of hours. Boo squared.
Last night was fun. I actually enjoyed Amit’s set. I got the news yesterday that Seminar is finishing. No more wednesday dnb night. I’m really bummed out about it. It’s been awesome to have, a local bar that I love, all my friends go to, and is a 5 minute walk from my house, be host to my weekly dnb outing. I’m just too fucking old to be traipsing around the city to go to dnb nights. I like to support my friends so I know I’ll still go out to dnb nights at other places but I can guarantee you it won’t be every week if it’s not within walking distance from my house. Sad. Sad that I’m a boring old cow and sad that my dnb weekly outings are finito.
Naibu – Piper Dream (track is in player)
Amit – Dual Sense – Commercial Suicide 2003
I’m still in an Amit mood I guess. This track is dope.
Radiata – BBS Bookings Podcast Feb 2009
01 Mixmaster doc – The Shakedown
02 Sinistarr – Recovery
03 L.I.S – Applefingers
04 Calculon – Lost
05 Klute – Ashram
06 The Square – Soul Crash
07 Noah D – Summon Riddim
08 Re:criminate – Linear
09 C.A.B.L.E. – Signifcant Other
10 Sight Unseen – Here 2 Stay
11 Break – Ringing Ears
12 Gridlok – Deadpan
13 Mayhem – Call my Bluff
14 Mayhem – Shibuya
15 Kubiks & Zetek – Final Thought
16 Edward Oberon – Fatal Hour
17 Mutt – Pin Drop
18 Sinistarr – Golgo 13
19 Electrosoul System – Bookworm
I think it would be really funny if I always used the terms that I write in my everyday speech. Most of them are made up mish mashes of terms I think are funny. Other times I just know they sound funny when I say them so I purposely use them. If you know me and you ever hear me use the term Fresh to Def please slap me.
I’m having a pretty good morning. I love those days where you wake up refreshed and ready to attack whatever’s coming at ya. Amit tonight at Seminar. Stop at Lava if you’re in the Chi. I don’t know how I feel about Amit these days. I actually don’t even know any of his new stuff. I just like going out to hear dnb so I’m sure it’ll be a fun night nonetheless.
Commix – Underwater Scene (track is in player)
I know a lot of people have mixed feelings about this track but I like it.
Submorphics – Philly Dub (track is in player)
I’ve been meaning to put this one up for a while and just kinda forgot. Dope tune.
Breakbeat Era – Control Freak /Bullitproof – XL Recordings 1999
Couldn’t decide between the two so I picked both. Die & Roni Size make a good duo. I really liked this album. I’m really starting to feel old. I can’t believe that I was listening to these tracks 10 odd years ago, seems so strange.
Andy Sim – Rubik Podcast Feb 2009
01. Hobzee, Zyon Base & Brother – 125th Street [Fokuz Dub]
02. Zero T ft. Alix Perez – Threads [CIA]
03. Kharm – Undisclosed [Dub]
04. Adam Form – Down Inside (Subterra & Dekko Remix) [Rubik Dub]
05. Lomax – Human Network [Dub]
06. Paul SG & Andy Sim – Indigo [Think Deep Recs Dub]
07. Spectrasoul – The Weakness [Deep Soul Music]
08. Paul SG & Andy Sim – Space and Time [Dub]
09. Lomax – Shortlist [Dub]
10. Submorphics – Wax Poetic [Westbay Dub]
11. Pentagon & Ethics – Rejection Dub [Rubik]
12. Smote – Deeply in my Soul [Think Deep Recs Dub]
13. ATP – I Still Believe [Dub]
14. Intelligent Manners – Showtime [Golden Orb Dub]
15. Paul SG & Caine – Quiet Steps [Dub]
16. Adam Form – Halls Shine [Think Deep Recs Dub]
17. Re:criminate – Linear [Rubik Dub]
18. Adam Form & Andy Sim – Let You Know [Dub]
19. Kharm – Everything’s Relative [Think Deep Recs Dub]