I mean, do you really need an excuse to listen to DKay? I know it’s 2 years old, but I’m surprised I’ve never heard this mix before. We all know how much of a DKay fan I am. Shout outs to Dj Kali and that torn out magazine pic we had on our fridge for at least a year. 😂
Starting off my Friday actually being productive and listening to some classics. I went through a bit of a funk last week, but this week, I’ve really tried to turn things around and be positive. I’m trying to make the best of this rubbish disaster movie we call 2020.
Music Intelligence DnB Podcast and Blog · DKay Promo Mix (Top 11 tracks mixed by Music Intelligence)
Hi. Sorry I’ve been M.I.A., we had a death in the family, and I’ve just been trying to catch up with everything over the past month.
I’m totes not up on the latest mixes or anything, but I did really enjoy this old DKay mix that I listened to, as I was driving on the PCH this morning. Just banger after banger came on. I usually listen to the same Dkay tunes over and over. Totally forgot about this one with Dbridge though.
Oh my days… Me and my old roommate Kali were quite the DKay fans. We may or may not have had a picture of his beautiful face on our fridge… 😉
Awesome mix. So many good tunes.
DKAY CLASSIX MIX – a decade of drum and bass
01. DKay – It’s On The Way – soul:r 02. DKay + DJ Lee – Touch – hospital 03. DKay – Black Magic – brigand 04. DKay + Kasra – Babylon – brigand 05. DKay + DJ Lee – Eternal Sunset – metalheadz 06. DKay + Intoxicated – Thinner Edge – integral 07. DKay + DJ Lee – Tuning – metalheadz 08. DKay – How Much Does It Take – brigand 09. DKay + Lee – Desire – brigand 10. DKay + D.Bridge – Nothing Is True – exit 11. DKay, Rawfull, Concord Dawn – Be There For You In The Morning Light VIP – dub 12. DKay + MC Eksman – Galaxy vs. Energy VIP – dub 13. DKay – The Martians – brigand 14. DKay + DJ Lee – Wax’d – metalheadz 15. DKay + Epsilon – A Greater Love – booty
I have had a pretty good week. I’ve been enjoying hanging out with friends and I haven’t been stuck in my apartment, so as far as I’m concerned, all is good in my land.
Yesterday I went to go see my old friend Joe’s band, Ceiling Stars and also went to go show support at The Exchange’s grand opening. Good times all round. It’s nice to have a variety of things to do. Thinking, eating, breathing, inhaling dnb used to be okay when I was 19 but doesn’t work so much when you’re 33 so I welcome the mish mash of activities. 😉
Valentines day is this weekend. For all of you that like to partake in this “holiday,” enjoy. For all of you that are like me and could care less, continue living your life. 🙂 I will be spending sunday with my adorable niece so that my brother and his wife can go out. Woot.
I tend to get bored pretty quick so I changed my page again. Nothing fancy. Just switch up the look a tad. 🙂
I’ve been doing my Christmas cards all morning. I don’t really usually send any but then people started sending me some so I of course have to send one in return. I pretty much only send them to people in different countries or out of state. If you live in the same state as me, sorry but you’re not getting one. LOL. My presence will have to do. 😉
Wait… there’s no brown leaves on my street. LOL. Fall is here. I kinda miss having a back garden sometimes. It’s nice to witness that part of the change of the seasons. I definitely don’t miss having to rake them up though.
This weekend was definitely the rowdiest I’ve gotten in a while… and when I say rowdy I don’t mean I got wasted and out of control cuz i don’t do that anymore. I just stayed out real late and danced. Geez, I’m obviously a geriatric when staying out late and dancing equals rowdiness. 😉 The Skream show was really fun. Murderbot’s set was ridiculously awesome. I really enjoyed it.
Klute is this week. I always look forward to a Klute set. He is just a really good dj. Can’t ask for more than that.
Zero T is another person where I just like listening to his mixes. Haven’t listened to this one yet but I’m sure it won’t disappoint. I’m downloading it now. 🙂 Zero T – Fabric Live Promo Mix
01. Zero T – Cheap Intro (CIA)
02. Rasheed – Charade [Grooverider Remix] (White)
03. Alix Perez v Zero T – The Ladders (White)
04. Calibre + ST:Files – Devil Inside (White)
05. Ulterior Motive – Glued (White)
06. Spectrasoul – Guardian (Metalheadz Dub)
07. All Thieves – Stars [Zero T Remix] (White)
08. Rockwell v Zero T – Bone Structure (White)
09. Slam – Positive Education [Zero T Remix] (White)
10. Alix Perez – Myriads (Shogun Dub)
11. Halogenix – 5 By-Dub (White)
12. Shanie – What Way To Turn [Dillinja Remix] (Cyba)
13. Zero T + Bailey – Wasp Factory (White)
14. Spectrasoul – Mimic (Subtitles Dub)
15. Raiden + Khanage – King Stays King (Offkey Dub)
16. Optical – Slip Thru (Virus)
17. Derrick May – Strings Of Life [Remix] (White)
18. Dwele – I Think I Love You [Remix] (White)
19. Goldie – True Strings (Metalheadz)
20. Floating Points – K+G Beat (White)
21. Sabre + Alix Perez – Have It Your Way (Critica Dub)
22. Unit Souled – Missing Time ‘jam session’ (White)
Friday has showed up yet again… why does she keep doing that? Is this how unemployment is the whole time you’re on it? The days just blurr together? Seems like it to me. 🙂
Matt Martin’s wedding is tomorrow. There is definite fun to be had. It’s amazing that as many weddings as I go to as I get older I still have no desire to get married. I just don’t see it happening. I’m never like “oh I want that.” My aversion must be uber strong with the amount of weddings I’ve been to in the past 2 years and still haven’t changed my mind. LOL. Diamonds are nice though. 😉
I’ve got 2 back to back trips lined up in the next 2 weeks and I’m super excited about them. The first one, I’m going to California with my mum for my cousin’s graduation. My aunt lives in Oxnard but I’m going early and stopping in L.A. to go kick it with some buddies for a bit and then go meet up with the fam. Friends and family? You know that’s my great combo. The following week is my best friend’s wedding reception in Minneapolis. Talk about extended wedding right? His wife keeps joking that everyone is going to be so sick of their nuptials by the time the reception rolls around. I’m just glad I get to go hang out with my besties again. So basically June is looking pretty awesome and lets face it, any time you don’t have to work for an extended period of time but are still getting paid is pretty dope.
Today’s Oldie: Dkay – Quiet Earth – Renegade Recordings 2002
I know I just did a Dkay one the other day but this is one of my favourite tracks of his. I don’t like to post oldies without having a link and there wasn’t one for ages. Thanks to whoever posted it. Awesome Renegade business.
– TRANSLUCENT (INSTRA:MENTAL + DBRIDGE)
– DO U REMEMBER (STUNNA + PEYO)
– LOSING BRAVE (PAUL SG, EROS, MSDOS)
– FROM POINT A TO B (THE HUSTLE)
– FIREFLIES (NAIBU): SEBA RMX
– TEACH ME (COMMAND STRANGE)
– RIO (M25 + SUBSID)
– TROUBLED FEELINGS (EROS + SURAK)
– STILL WATERS (DAVE OWEN)
– FACE THE NIGHT (STUNNA)
– I HEART U (WELL BEING)
– YOU’RE SOMETHING SPECIAL (THE SQUARE + EROS)
– INSIDE FEELINGS (THE SQUARE + EROS)
– WITHOUT U (MUTT, EROS, ATMO, THE SQUARE)
– THIS CLOSE (BEATCHEMIST)
– MAKE IT THROUGH THE NIGHT (CONTOUR)