Back in LA. Looks like I left London at the right time, as the temp started dropping and a new variant wanting some attention. I lived in the Midwest for over 20 years, and 4 years in LA has made me forget what life in negative temps is like. 😂 That damp wet cold that showed up in London when I was leaving had me acting a straight fool. You would think I never experienced walking to the train with prickly cold cheeks as the wind made me cry.
I do feel a little less anxious about my dad’s estate. There’s still a long road ahead, as there’s still a lot of unfinished business, but it’s nice to get a little more clarity and closure on the house sitch.
It’ll be 1 year since he died in a couple of weeks, and it’s been hard that it’s taken this long to sort some of these things out. I have an amazing support network and I just have to trust that everything will work out like it needs to.
Planning some lessons for my classes that I have to teach tonight, after not having taught in almost 6 weeks. 🙃
This Flowanastasia and Nymfo hitting a little too on the nose for me today. 😂
Not to bore you with my work gripes, but I’m designing this curriculum for this course and man is it kicking my behind. Creating materials is extremely time consuming.
I’m listening to Missing & Trex and making worksheets.
I love starting my mornings with dnb. I know many people think I’m crazy to start my a.m. listening to 170 bpms, but I’m such a fan of getting the day cracking with some deep bass, drums and a liquidy vocal.
Man, I used to stan so hard for BCee and Spearhead. I’m sure they still do a ton of stuff but since I’m rubbish at keeping up with the ins and outs of the dnb industry, I really have no clue what they’ve been up to. I’m happy to see this mix.
Here’s a good old Spearhead flashback. Not really a big Netsky fan but I’ve always liked this tune.
Currently listening to this gem as I try my best to avoid the urge to nap on the couch in my office. No classes to teach til April when the new school year starts. Must be productive!
I actually have a schedule that I made for myself today so I think there’s hope for me yet. 🙂
It’s friday and I’m excited that there are again fun things to do. The one thing that has been keeping me sane from the lack of working is that I’ve actually had the opportunity to take part in some fun activities since I got back. Hopefully this keeps up until it’s nice outside again and I won’t have to worry about being trapped in my flat when there’s nothing to do.
I’m not to familiar with Liquicity but I found this mix on H!ghtimes and listened to it while working out today. Takes a minute to download but definitely worth the wait. ❤ Liquicity Promo Mix
01. Ashanti – Make Up (Redeyes Remix)
02. Lenzman feat. Riya – Bittersweet
03. Command Strange – Get In The Groove
04. Big Bud feat. G-Rhymes – Fuzzy
05. Unknown – If We Can
06. Komatic – Remain Free
07. Simplification Feat. Edward Oberon – Loveline
08. Logistics – Haunted By Her Yesterdays
09. Lenzman – Allure
10. Adam Form – Down Inside (Subterra & Dekko Remix)
11. Logistics – Intervention
12. Logistics – Reality Checkpoint
13. Netsky – Hold On To Love
14. Logistics – Transporter
15. DC Breaks – Picket Line
16. Crystal Clear & Netsky – King Of The Stars
17. Enter Shikari – Juggernauts (Nero Remix)
18. The Streets – In The Middle (Nero Remix)
19. Chase & Status vs. Kid Kudi – Saxon At Night
20. Damian Marley – It Was Written (Chasing Shadows Remix)
21. Unknown – My Brother
22. ATM – Nociception
1. Danoo ft.Jett – Can’t Wait Anymore (DUB)
2. Quantrek – Sign (Think Deep Recordings DUB)
3. Donnie Dubson – Stepson (DnB Remix) (DUB)
4. Qumulus – World keeps turning (DUB)
5. mSdoS – There will be rain (DUB)
6. Stunna – Face the Night (Red Mist Recs) —> TRACK OF MONTH
7. Hobzee & Zyon Base – Black & White Movie (Influenza LTD)
8. Champagne – Divine Inspiration (BCee Remix) (Bonafide Recordings DUB)
9. Giorgiolive – Feelings Away (Feat. G.Guimaraes) (Luv Disaster)
10.Incident – Travel with no one (DUB)
11.Command Strange – Again (Fokuz DUB)
12.ADM – Chaos note (Intelligent)
13.John Beltran – Aztec girl (Earth) —> BACK TO BASICS
14.Side 1 – Love Back (DUB)
15.SoulTec & Subsid – Waiting for you (DUB)
16.Flaco – I’m Thinking of You (DUB)
17.Phat Playaz – Global warming (DUB)
18.Drumagick – Full Energy (Beatmasters)
19.mSdoS & MJT – Fury (DUB)
1. Flaco and Glen E Ston – Cresent (Human Elements Dub)
2. Well Being – Darling Heart (Fokuz)
3. D Bridge – Inner disbelief (Exit)
4. Inside man – Ocean one (Dub)
5. Netsky – I refuse (Spearhead)
6. Glen E Ston and Flaco – She Got Me (GLR Dub)
7. DJ Clart Feat MS Dos – Obstacles (Allsorts Dub)
8. Calibre – Love’s too tight to mention (Signature)
9. DJ Clart and ATP (feat Elijah John) + DB Audio – So Close (Dub)
10.Hall and Oates – I Can’t Go For That (ATP rmx) (MPFREE)
11.Phat Playaz – Clockwork (Binary Soul)
12.ATP – Spoons (Urban Chemistry)
13.Mutt (Feat Kevin King) – Conversations (Deep Kut)
14.ATP – Tomfoolery (Urban Chemistry Dub)
15.Mutt – When You Said (Nu Directions)
16.Calculon – Friend Killa (Dub)
17.Dave Shichman and Dave Owen – Untitled (Dub)
I mean business people. I had a really productive day yesterday and I plan on continuing my constructive activities today. I think I kinda slacked the past couple of weeks but now I’m back in gear. Watch out world. 😉